Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Migraine: Day 2

Ugh. I hate migraines. Stress. That has to be it, right?

I've been volunteering at the school almost every day for the past two or three weeks. It's so overwhelming the amount of work teachers want done by a certain date. Honestly, part of me not only feels overwhelmed, but also frustrated with the expectations of the volunteers here.


School starts on Monday. I'm so sad about that. My baby will be in middle school. hardly seems right that she's off to a bigger school with a new mix of kids.

So, with that being said, I'll say it: I am one of "those" parents who loves to have her kids with her. I hear so many parents say, "I can't wait til they go back to school". & that's usually after one week of summer vacation. I've even had people tell me that I'll eventually get to that point as well. Nope. Never happened. I love my kids. I love having them with me. I love the summers because they are with me. I love the free-ness (is that even a word??) of the summer--sleep in, stay up late, no homework, no solid schedule... Just relaxing & free.

And in just a few days, that all changes. Back to early bedtimes & extremely early mornings (out the door by 7AM..), homework, activities, schedules.. Stuff I don't like. Plus, the worst of all of it, missing my kids while they are at school.

And one final note before I go, a very good friend of mine received some bad news the other day. I can't share many details, but a special prayer for her would be appreciated. If she's reading this, she'll know who she is. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, my friend...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, look at you, bloggin' away. You already hav 5 followers, too. I'll send you some links to blog templates to help spruce up your blog (since you asked about that). Sorry you had a migraine. They stink.