Wednesday, October 7, 2009

To buy or not to buy??

That is the question..

I have some AC Moore coupons. 50% off, in fact! Now, I have to say, these coupons are fairly common for AC Moore. They have them pretty much every week or so. But the problem is... Do I WANT anything?? I don't need anything. I don't even need adhesive right now, although, I can always use it at some point.

There will be an online crop this weekend at the All Moments Remembered message board. So I should WANT to buy something new for it, right? But I just can't think of anything. Pathetic of me, huh? Sorry excuse for a scrapbooker.

Anyway, on the subject of the crop... I'm hoping (fingers crossed here!) that I can get a few layouts done. Maybe I'll find Mr. Mojo hiding somewhere & be inspired to add to my scrapbooks. I have an idea for making a set of all-occasion cards for a few gifts this Christmas, so I can start on those too. I don't know. I've just been in a scrapping slump lately.

In other news, I was just reading over the requirements for Sarah's confirmation in 8th grade (she's only in 7th right now). All I can say is WOW. Overwhelming. Complicated. Time-consuming. Wow. I don't remember having to do all this stuff myself: Retreats, pilgrimages, 40 hours of service, introductions to the church staff, interviews, & a written letter of reflection. It's crazy. And she'll have to do this all again next year in 8th grade. I'm just shaking my head right now. Things just seem to get more & more complicated each year.

2 comments:

Jingle said...

Oh, SHOOT! I totally spaced the crop and I was going to work on cleaning/organizing my studio this weekend. Hmmm...well, I guess we will see how it goes.

If you have some extra money go ahead in and find something just for fun since you have the coupon. If you don't have the extra cash, skip it.

ellen s. said...

oh i can always find something for 50 percent off, LOL!

have fun at your crop!