Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring...

Brrr.. It sure did get chilly out! Within the past 20 minutes, it started really raining hard. I don't think the temps will get out of the 40's for the next week or so. After my morning walk, I came home & cleaned up the yard a bit. I don't understand how sand toys end up on the opposite side of the yard. Guess they grow little legs & walk there when noone is looking. Anyway, I'm glad I got that done. I also put the swing cushion away.

I was hoping to maybe do a scrapbook layout today. But I have a few things to do. First of all, I have a stack of bills that need to be paid. Okay, I would rather scrub the toilets that work on bills. Worst chore ever. Speaking of scrubbing toilets, I actually do have to do that because we are getting company tomorrow evening. So I have to clean the house a bit. And I just picked up three new books at the library that I really want to read. Oh, & two scrappy magazines that I haven't started yet. The thing with reading though is I always fall asleep. And sleep is one thing I feel like I could do constantly. Especially now, listening to the rain pitter-patter on the roof. I'd love to crawl under my warm comforter with a good book & fall fast asleep!

What else is good on a cold, rainy day? Homemade chicken noodle soup! Yum!!! I always try to make extra, but my little Brittany loves homemade soup & eats all the leftovers. That's good! Now I'm going to go take a loaf of frozen bread dough from the freezer & bake some bread to go with our soup. Yummmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day! Stay warm!

0 comments: